What is Consignment?
Selling items on consignment means we will advertise/merchandise/sell your items for you in our brick and mortar showroom and our online store, and you will receive a % once the item is sold. You will receive cash, check, or store credit upon your request. We keep the item for 60 days. If the items do not sell, you may pick them up from the 53rd to the 60th day. We do our very best to get the items sold so that you won’t have to pick them up. If you want to pick your items up before the 53rd day, there is a 20% fee charged to you. After the 60th day, the items become store merchandise to sell at a discounted price or donated.
Getting Started with Consigning:
1. Go to www.evilenasreddresser.com and click “Make Appointment” at the top of the homepage, or go to our fb page and click “Book Now”, or call the store 815-464-2668.
2. Bring in 15 items or less at a time. Home decor sets count as 1. Bring your clothing in on hangers, so they are as wrinkle free as possible. Come through the front door and walk to the back and to the left of the checkout area to the consignor window. Sign in, and fill out a contract. Our staff at the window will explain the procedure. If you have questions feel free to ask at any time.
3. Photos of furniture should be pre-approved with a photo prior to bringing it in. Send to Evilena’s Red Dresser Facebook messenger, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furniture is subject to being rejected at the store if disclosure of any major flaws were not made known in advance.
4. Once we have reviewed and chosen your items, we return to you what we have not accepted along with any hangers, and a copy of what we accepted on a copy of the contract. A list of priced items is typically sent to you the same or next day.
5. You may login to your consignment account on our website so that you may view your items at anytime. The first time you do this, you will need to click “reset your password”. We do not prompt you to pick up your items at the end of the consignment period, or to pick up a check. So, please mark your calendar to remind yourself to come back. Although your items may get donated after 60 days, your money stays in your account until you pick it up regardless of the date.
Regarding Pricing and Payment:
We will discuss pricing on large or high end items with you. We research all items that we are unfamiliar with, but also have a history of past sales, along with 11 years of experience of what our market looks like in our specific store. The standard split is 60% to the store and 40% to the consignor. You may collect your check, cash or store credit after your items sell. If you are unable to come into the store to collect, we are happy to mail it to you.
Moving Furniture To The Store:
Once your items have been approved and you have an appointment to bring the items in, plan to have enough help to move the items into our store. Be sure the items are clean, and protected in your move. We will ask you to assemble any parts if needed. If you need movers, we can make a recommendation. If you have a whole house of furniture, please speak with the owner to arrange the move. While the items are in our showroom, they still belong to you and are covered under your home owners insurance in case of fire, flood, etc. Once the item sells, it is the responsibility of the new owner. We do our very best to care for the items while in our store.
Items We DO Accept for Consignment: Must be in very good to like new condition, clean, pet hair free, and from a smoke free environment
Wall Decor in current trends
Trending Seasonal Decor, we take it before and during the actual season
Lamps, preferred with intact shades
Mirrors, with the ability to hang. If they are too heavy we may not be able to accept
Faux Plants/current styles
Dishes on trend
Even sets of glassware/ dishes
Home Office Furniture:
Chaise lounge chairs
Small China Cabinets
Unique furniture pieces
Outdoor Furniture in season
Women’s Clothing and Accessories:
In season, in style in fabulous condition:
Sterling Silver Jewelry
Purses both designer and other
Items We Do NOT Accept For Consignment:
Furniture that is dirty, with broken parts, missing handles, major scratches, staines, tears, odors, or pet hair cannot be accepted.
Furniture we do not accept:
Large China Cabinets
Beds with large bookcase surrounds attached to the bed
Metal Bed Frames (functional type of metal frame, we don’t have room to store)
Commercial Office Furniture
Home Decor we do not accept:
Items should be clean, without chips, with batteries present if needed, lightbulbs present in lamps
Collectibles such as Lladros, Precious Moments, Hummels, Bradford Exchange Plates
Unframed art not on a canvas
Wine themed decor (grapes, grapevines)
Country Decor from 1980’s and 1990’s such as hearts and geese, mauve & blue
Paintings with outdated matts and frames
Small stemmed glassware/crystal except Waterford
Odd amount in sets of glassware or dishes
Women’s Clothing and Accessories we do not accept:
We take clothing and shoes in season, so no winter coats in summer for instance.
We do not take items that are pilled, have deodorant stains, other stains, tears, snags, holes in pockets, have odor, zippers not working, buttons missing, hook and eye missing, tarnished jewelry, broken jewelry clasps, shoes with toe marks, any scuffs or tears on shoes, inserts adhered to sole or heel of shoe, or shoes with odor.
Clothing older than 5 years unless funky / vintage
Tops or jackets with large shoulder pads
Fake or knock off designer handbags
Please bring on hangers for ease of inspection and less wrinkles, the hangers will be returned to you. We do not clean, or steam items. If you have an authentic designer bag, please give us any info you have on it or proof of authenticity. If you don’t have any info, we still do our homework and research the piece and authenticate it as needed.
These items are subject to change according to sales history and as styles and trends change. We mean no harm if we do not accept all of your items. Our staff is trained to research the market and to look at our store history of what sells and what does not. Intake also depends on the current market and room on our racks and in the store. Thank you for your understanding.
Schedule for consignment:
We will announce exact dates through email and social media
Spring accepted mid February (Transitional)
Summer accepted early May
Fall accepted after July 4 (Transitional)
Winter and Xmas accepted Oct. 1
Any seasonal home decor will be discounted as needed and must be picked up within 1 week after the Holiday (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween) or it will be donated.
Holidays We Are Closed:
New Year’s Day
We close early at 3:00 pm on :
New Year’s Eve